City University of New York
Main Campus, West Building
Southwest Corner of 68th Street and Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10065
The LGBT Health Workforce Conference provides an overview of up-to-date practices (climate and educational) in preparing the health care workforce to address the health concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) communities. This conference is designed for health professionals (M.D., D.O., P.A.-C., nurses, dentists, podiatrists, social workers, psychologists, etc.), educators, and students (pre-health professions, professional schools, and graduate), but all interested are invited to attend. CME credit will be available.
Read the Meeting Report (in LGBT Health) from the 2013 LGBT Health Workforce Conference.
Registration Opens: NOW OPEN — REGISTER HERE!
Abstract Submission Opens: NOW CLOSED — THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXCELLENT SUBMISSIONS!
Abstract Submission Closes: JANUARY 15, 2015
Selected Submissions will be Announced: Rolling basis, all decisions announced by February 1, 2015
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM LGBTHWC_Draft_Agenda_3_23_15
Suggested Workshop Topics
- Leadership and LGBT Health
- LGBT Health Funding Opportunities: Federal and Foundation
- Health Policy Updates: Federal and State
- Pre-Clinical LGBT Content
- Clinical Content
- Update on LGBT Health Issues and Best Practices
- Advising LGBT Pre-Health Students
- LGBT Health Workforce Research
- Climate – University/Academic Health Center/Hospital/Clinic
- Community Activism
- LGBT Health and the Humanities
- Social Media & Marketing
- Intersectionalities (e.g., race and gender in LGBT communities)